Monday, January 25, 2010

After frantically devouring Mad Men back to back over the past month or so, I have run out of TV shows (downloaded, of course) to watch. This made me realize that I have completely grown out of the habit of watching shows on TV. Isn't that ironic considering I started by talking about my current favourite TV show? Yup, its become a case of continuous consumption that lasts as long as I have all the downloads. Gone are the days of waiting week after week with bated breaths as to what happened to the protagonist. Times are changing.. Post Mad Men, I am now trying to catch up with Big Love esp since its recent good run at the Golden Globes. Also watched "The Men Who Stare At Goats" this weekend. The movie is quite enjoyable with its subtle underlays humour often directed at the actors and/or characters. The movie made fall in love with Boston's "More than a feeling" all over again. "The Last Time" did not some how hold my interest as long as I thought it would. Also got passes to watch the Bollywood musical in town "The Merchants of Bollywood" at the Palladium, Dubai Media City. Loosely based on the true story of Vaibhavi Merchant, the production was extravagant with its WOW moments at regular intervals. Being a purist regarding Indian classical dance, there were few things that irked me about the performers as well as the audience but all in all a great show!! Another reminder that few joys are unparalleled to a great live performance. Listening to this adorable song from the movie Ishqiya called "Dil toh baccha hai ji". This latest Vishal Bharadwaaj offering starring Naseeruddin Shah, Arsha Warsi and Vidya Balan reminds me of Thiruda Thiruda at least from what I saw of the teasers and trailers when I went to watch 3 Idiots. Definitely look forward to this movie. Wonder if this too will be dark like Kaminey..

I am also chatting intermittently with my sister who recently two of her wisdom teeth pulled out. This caused a lot of irritation to my younger and her older brother who bemoaned his lack of wisdom teeth. Well she shared a quote which made me burst out laughing and I am signing off with " You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun!" :-)

No comments: